SneakyhanD's path, loaned 20$ let's GO !

• SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Hello & Welcome to Sneakyhand's Beginner SnG Blog ! ;P

About myself:
      My name is Boris, I was born in Ukraine but I live in Israel. I'm almost 22y/o (April 12th), and I'm half year after my army service which lasted 2 and a half years. I was recovering lot of mental issues that were caused during my duty. Today, I'd say I totally healed, well at least for 90% which is also good, I guess, and normally living my life. I'm working at a part-time job and studying simultaneously, if everything will be okay I'll be a psychology student next year, fighting for my 1st academic degree.

Recently I decided to play poker again! I was playing poker 3 years ago with the capital I received from PokerStrategy, I was playing SSS, and was doing okay until I got recruited to army, came back home after 2 weeks of frustration and exhaustion and went busto in few hours of Maniac style play at higher limits :f_p: :f_p:

Anyway, I started to play about month ago and started playing&studying HUsng, it was going pretty much okay, but slow and not much fun. I only played about 60games at 1$+0.10$ limit with 25% ROI, but couldn't make it same in 2$, anyway I didn't feel like playing HUsng anymore and was wondering whether stick to 9man SnGs or go Cash, although some quick winning session in cash encouraged me to play there, I decided that SNG it is ! :s_biggrin:

EDIT : I do not play sng's anymore, I play Cashgame ( SH mostly) and sometimes mix HUsngs .:

Why bother and open yet another newb blog ?
      There are couple of reasons :

1. It's nice to share people with your progress, and it's good to keep track of your own progress with constant details/graphs and whatever
      2. It is MOTIVATING !
      3. heck, I always thought running a blog is cool ! :f_cool:

The main idea behind this blog, is DISCIPLINE !I believe writing a blog will make me be more disciplined, although I'm pretty much disciplined but I still deviate sometimes and I'm willing to overcome these evil wishes that make me deviate :)

Goals
      Every blog author has goals, and so do I ;

:club: crush the micro limits { nl2 - crushed ! :s_evil: }
      :club: stay cool, play disciplined poker, not to overreact to any upswing/downsing
      :club: Invest at least effective 3hrs/day for poker { FAIL- because of studies }
      :club: Keep studying and improving my game all the time :club: reach 500$ BR { slowly building BR, current BR 320$ - }

I opened new fresh blog guys. please follow there :)
      Hello & Welcome to Sneaky bloG
  • 66 replies
    • gordy1957
      gordy1957
      Bronze
      welcome and good luck.
      your english is fine.
      cheers gordy
    • Fiszy
      Fiszy
      Bronze
      'Kej will read.
    • VBZg
      VBZg
      Gold
      GL buddy. I know you gonna make it. And deff track your blog. And hell, what ever i can help just tell. :spade:
    • Ickki
      Ickki
      Bronze
      Good luck on grinding those SNGs. I think 5% ROI on the $1s is great, since the rake is insanely high. Keep up the good work!
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond:

Hello ladies & gentlemen !

Okay, so this is the first update in this blog, there wasn't any interesting action today as I only played a small amount of games and it's been really bad. I was really frustrated and very close to tilting in middle of a session after so many suckouts & badbeats, it affected my game and caused me to make few mistakes. However, I managed to keep myself 'balanced' and did not tilt, I was just laughing at those suckouts that mostly happen at the bubble stage :O some folks in our SnG study group was saying good things about 6max SnG, I didn't really like it and I'm still not much of a fan of 6max, I played 4tables, cashed in 2of them. Most players were really terrible and it's very tempting, but I think I'll stick to the STT's and some 45mans at pstars for now :)

Total profit : -8.70$

Bankroll @ Fulltiltpoker : 51$
      Bankroll @ PokerStars : 8

I transferred some money from FTP to Pstars to give MT SnG's a shot. I'm going to play 0.25$ 45man, Bigniux said it's very fishy there and can be very profitable and easy to build a BR there, so I hope I'll make it there !

** I'm posting a hand that almost sucked out my whole patience and calmness, almost made me rage & tilt, I was a little bit furious for a moment but I relaxed and kept trying to play my A game

$100/$200 No Limit Holdem
      FullTiltPoker
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO Cula15 ($4,060)
      BTN lincolnheat ($3,680)
      SB Hero ($2,245)
      BB menelski ($3,515)

Pre-Flop: ($300, 4 players) Hero is SB A:spade: A:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero goes all-in $2,245, menelski calls $2,045

Flop: 10:diamond: 7:club: 4:diamond: ($4,490, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: 8:spade: ($4,490, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 10:spade: ($4,490, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $4,490
      Hero shows two pair, Aces and Tens
      A:spade: A:diamond:
      menelski shows three of a kind, Tens
      10:club: A:club:

menelski wins $4,490 (net +$2,245)

Hero lost $2,245

Anyway, last session I played 6tables, came 4th three times, 2nd and 3rd.
      I decided that this is enough for today, tomorrow I will review mostly the hands I played at the bubble stage. lots of suck outs but still lots of bad play/ missed opportunities by me, I need to work on my aggression at the bubble stage.

But truly, Ananda, it is nothing strange that human beings should die.

Another quote related to Buddha, this is one of my favorites ;)
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, how are you ? ;)

There aren't any good news yet because the downswing came by to visit, and I dropped from the 68 or so to about 53$ and then down to 40$. Today I played 2 sets of 5 tables, and increased my bankroll to 48$.

In the last session, I had mikogo session running and VBZg was observing my game, he noted lot of bad plays by me, or I'd say lot of missed opportunities especially on the bubble. I'm very glad he was observing because if he wouldn't I might have miss that and keep playing the same. This session was very significant as we spotted some leaks, I marked the hands where we both were unsure about how to play the certain hands properly.
      I came 1st, 2nd & 3rd out of 5 tables, which is quite good after a frustrating downswing, it made me feel better and more confident about this game, cuz you now we're human beings, and the downswing affected my mindset a little bit.

Anyway, I had a session of 45man 0.25$BI SnG's at PokerStars. It was a fascinating session where my PC collapsed (shutdown) 3 times ! I didn't know what to do ?( , I went to my mom's PC and started downloading Pstars client (panick, lol!), anyway somehow it settled down and I was lucky to see all tables were on a break although they were at different blinds ( is it possible the break was cuz of me ? :f_biggrin: )
      I played approximately 8 tables stacked (not that hard, getting used to it) and I came ITM 4 times, twice 2nd, 3rd and 6th, too bad no 1st places ..
      It's really fishy there, and I'm going to keep playing the 45mans there.

Okay, this is it for now, I'll post an update this weekend or maybe before if there will be anything interesting that will be demanding a quick Update :)

so :

BR @ Fulltiltpoker : 48.68$
      BR @ PokerStars : 11.82$

as an alternative, I'm writing a joke I and my friends really liked ;)

"Did you just fall?" -No, I attacked the floor. "Backwards?" -Yes, I am freaking talented.
    • ppedrin
      ppedrin
      Bronze
      Very nice blog my friend! Keep it up !
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Good luck, maybe I'll attend some other sessions of yours.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Thank you guys ! good to know there are readers already ;) motivating !

Today I'll give a short update from today's and yesterday's sessions, all I can say for now is yesterday I had 3winning sets which increased my bankroll to 58$ and I hope it will be going up and up only :)

Bankroll @ Fulltiltpoker : 58$
      Bankroll @ PokerStars : 11$
    • mktpppr
      mktpppr
      Bronze
      hi sneakyhand, we're at the same level: BR, number of games, FT $1s, my ROI is lower though :D (your +5% is brilliant)

ive seen some of your posts in the <$5 hand evals, good luck and i hope we dont run into each other at the tables

cheers, i'll be following your blog
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond:

Hello boys and girls ! it's been a while since I updated my blog, and now I decided it's a perfect time for the update. I think that I will be updating once in a while, once in like a week or smth, but maybe will keep posting short posts with quick updates, funny hands, hand w/tough decisions, etc.
      In the last few days, I let myself down, I disappointed myself. what happened ? well, I let my emotions take control and let them play poker and it is not a good idea because they're evil and greedy and irrational :f_mad: . I was slowly recovering from the downswing I had, I played good, I was improving my game and slowly building the BR once again, I received about 7$ Rakeback which increased my BR to about 55$ at the time. It was Friday night, and I had plans with my friends to go to a big rave party, the known Russian dark-trance artist was coming to play - Psykovsky -. Anyway, a friend with the ride suddenly had his plans changed due to emergency and it ruined our whole night so I stayed home. I shouldn't play poker and I knew it, but I played anyway. I played some HUsng 2$, at first I was doing pretty good, I increased my BR to 62$ and I was happy, and I was like ' great, I won some $, now I stop and I'll play tomorrow ' , I took a break, but I didn't feel like doing anything else but playing poker, so I played more, I won, lost, won and lost again, I had some ridiculous loses and I tilted, kept playing and losing, and then I was so mad, I reg'ed to a 5$ sup turbo and lost, only then I forced myself to stop :f_mad:

When I woke up the next day, I felt horrible about letting my emotions take control, but I calmed down telling myself that feeling bad about that does no good, instead I should stay positive and play poker only when I'll stabilize my mindset, and so I did. I played some turbo sngs, I busted out of many of them since badbeats, then I played few sets of nonturbos and slowly recovered what I lost away at Friday night.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Today I've only played 2 sets of 9man 5tables SnGs. In the first set I scored 2ITM, 1x1st, 1x2nd, In the 2nd set I scored 3ITM, 1x1st, 1x2nd & 1x3rd.
      I also played some HUsngs but 1$+0.10$ ones, not the 2s.

Here are some graphs, both from HUsng and 9mans sngs. ( HUsng v small sample tho )

HUsng

9mans :

As you can see, the HUsng graph is pretty nice, but it's v small sample, and I play it for fun sometimes between my 9mans sets.
      The 9mans graph, is kinda ugly imo although people keep telling me that is a way too small sample and the rake in this limit is a killer so . . . I just have to keep playing my A game and everything will be fine, right ?

A fellow from micro sngs study group linked a website of Sng coaches where he got coached/staked and everything he needs, you all probably know him already, it's bigniux. I see his results today and he confirms that coaching helped him A LOT, his graphs confirms that as well :f_cool:
      Anyway, so I plan to get coaching too in a few months after my big exam, I think it's totally worth the investment in the long-term.

As for today -
      ** POKER - I play poker everyday and consistently improve my game! I like to review hands with another poker players, this way it's less likely to miss badplays and mistakes I've done, it feels good when you spots your mistakes and understand why your play was bad and how you improve it next time. It sucks to think you play bad but not even recognize your mistakes and keep doing them over and over again ( I think it happens a lot to beginners :f_cool: )

** I study a lot to my exam, I'm really not used to it because last time I was studying was 3-4 years ago in high school ( army break ^_^ ).

** I keep going to therapies to my psychologist. Not because I'm broken or something like that, I found out it is really nice to speak to a professional and consult almost anything! especially because I plan to study Psychology, I really have stuff to talk about with the therapist, it's fun !

Since I started this blog, I violated one of my goals ;
      :club: stay cool, play disciplined poker, not to overreact to any upswing/downswing
      I violated the "stay cool, play disciplined poker", I kept playing although it was a very bad decision and I consciously knew that ! However, I am proud of myself that I did NOT overreact to the up/downswings.

Okay guys, this is the end of the update and as usual I attach a funny quote that I find to be both funny and truth and somehow sad :D

“Why is it that when we talk to God we're said to be praying, but when God talks to us we're schizophrenic?”
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Hello guys, quick update !

I keep playing my best game, and I find myself marking less hands every session. Maybe I miss some MAJOR leaks but it's primary because I'm more confident about my game when I make decisions that my 'hunch' tells me otherwise :D , and I'm not letting the boards that would give me THE NUTZ if I wouldn't fold that hand pfr affect me, which really affected me before.
      I face lot of situations that I had been through my reviewing, and I remember what were my mistakes about certain play, and I try not to repeat same mistakes again. I think the main part where I should improve my game at this moment, is how to act .vs a steal when I'm short stacked. I use ICM ofc .

Yesterday's sessions didn't give any profit, break even.
      Today I've only played 2 sets, 1st one was very nice;
      5 tables;
      1x1st, 1x2nd , 2x3rd .

anyway, here are two hands from 1 table : I thought I'm going be THE - Chipleader ;

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $30(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($1,830)
      Hero ($1,500)
      UTG ($1,620)
      UTG+1 ($1,500)
      UTG+2 ($1,410)
      MP1 ($1,500)
      MP2 ($1,290)
      CO ($1,470)
      BTN ($1,380)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: A:heart:

UTG calls $30, UTG+1 calls $30, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $30, BTN calls $30, SB calls $15, Hero checks

FLOP ($180) 9:spade: Q:heart: 9:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $80, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $80, CO folds, BTN calls $80, SB folds

TURN ($420) 9:spade: Q:heart: 9:club: 5:heart:

Hero bets $150, UTG+1 calls $150, BTN raises to $300, Hero calls $150, UTG+1 calls $150

RIVER ($1,320) 9:spade: Q:heart: 9:club: 5:heart: T:spade:

Hero bets $300, UTG+1 calls $300, BTN raises to $600, Hero raises to $1,090 (AI), UTG+1 calls $790 (AI), BTN calls $370 (AI)

BTN shows 9:heart: 2:diamond:
      (Pre 14%, Flop 20.0%, Turn 14.3%)

Hero shows 9:diamond: A:heart:
      (Pre 43%, Flop 65.9%, Turn 76.2%)

UTG+1 shows K:spade: T:diamond:
      (Pre 43%, Flop 14.1%, Turn 9.5%)

Hero wins $4,470

and few hands later, this happens !! ;

NL Holdem $40(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($1,350)
      BB ($1,635)
      UTG ($1,290)
      UTG+1 ($1,380)
      UTG+2 ($1,800)
      Hero ($4,455)
      BTN ($1,590)

Dealt to Hero A:club: J:club:

fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $40, Hero raises to $120, BTN calls $120, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $80

FLOP ($420) 7:club: 2:club: 3:club:

UTG+2 bets $40, Hero raises to $120, BTN raises to $1,470 (AI), UTG+2 calls $1,430, Hero raises to $4,335 (AI), UTG+2 calls $210 (AI)

TURN ($5,250) 7:club: 2:club: 3:club: 7:diamond:

RIVER ($5,250) 7:club: 2:club: 3:club: 7:diamond: K:spade:

UTG+2 shows K:club: 6:club:
      (Pre 26%, Flop 0.1%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero shows A:club: J:club:
      (Pre 47%, Flop 81.6%, Turn 0.0%)

BTN shows 7:heart: 2:heart:
      (Pre 27%, Flop 18.3%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero wins $420
      BTN wins $4,830

Nice hands, right ? :)
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      HELLO Guys !

Quick update;
      Bad news; Unfortunately I got sick, I caught a flu X( and I feel v sick, 38c fever which is not nice. BUT I manage to keep myself on the computer and play some poker.

Good news; I decided that my volume per day is too small (15-18sngs), and I tried to play a session with 8 tables - 2 stacks of 4tiled tables. I found it really comfortable for me and it's not overload of tables, I don't think it affected my game, I don't make more or less mistakes, at least I don't think so.
      I already played 33sngs today, which is about twice what I did per day before.

I'm in profit of 11$ today, best session I had contained : 3x1st, 1x2nd, 1x3rd out of 8tables.

Current BR @ ftp: 66.5$
      The roll @ stars remains the same as I barely play there now.

My plans for now are :
      :diamond: get around 80-100$ BR and consider trying the 1$, 45mans at ftp or maybe 27mans

I'm fighting .vs my temptation to play some cash NL2 BSS games : )))))
      I don't want to mix between games too much, I play 9mans and HUsng which is enough variant of pokergames for me :)

I'm posting a hand that I had in my last session, the table was super tight, it was about 150/300blinds and still 5handed, u can imagine how boring it is.
      Anyways, until this hand happened :

$150/$300 No Limit Holdem
      FullTiltPoker
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Poussy08 ($4,056)
      CO sunflourdolphin ($1,458)
      BTN zeekip1337 ($2,490)
      SB LybanevVad ($2,842)
      BB Hero ($2,654)

Pre-Flop: ($450, 5 players) Hero is BB K:spade: K:club:
      1 fold, sunflourdolphin goes all-in $1,458, zeekip1337 goes all-in $2,490, 1 fold, Hero calls $2,190

Flop: J:heart: 7:diamond: 10:heart: ($6,588, 3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: K:heart: ($6,588, 3 players, 2 all-in)

River: 9:heart: ($6,588, 3 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $6,588
      Hero shows three of a kind, Kings
      K:spade: K:club:
      sunflourdolphin shows two pair, Jacks and Sevens
      7:spade: J:diamond:
      zeekip1337 shows three of a kind, Jacks
      J:club: J:spade:

Hero wins $6,588 (net +$4,098)

sunflourdolphin lost $1,458
      zeekip1337 lost $2,490

Quote of the post ;

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein
    • VBZg
      VBZg
      Gold
      Hi Sneaky

Nice to see you going well, and you play now more tables. Hope you gona stay at 9 man sng, coss it seems you going well and getting rewarded for your work.

See you
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Quick update

Hello guys ! How are you ?

I had some hardware issues with my PC, I had repeatable shut downs for few months already. Thursday night, I was watching House (T.V Serie ) and suddenly PC shuts down in the middle of the episode, it damaged something in my hard disk I think because Windows wouldn't load. I couldn't even reinstall, couldn't do anything. Today in the morning I got clever :f_cool: and I unplugged all my hardware from the PC and disassembled my CPU and V.Card which I never did before ! I was afraid to damage smnth. Anyway, oh my gosh! there were tons of dust, I cleaned it up and it kinda solved the problem :) .

I installed Win7 for the 1st time ( always used XP ) and took me some time to download everything back, but I did it and managed to play a session !
      regardless my flu, my sessions at Thursday were successful ! so even tho I don't feel so well today, I played a session but unfortunately didn't play so well.

I played 8 tables : 3/8ITM , 3x2nd places. only -1BI down so no big deal but my EV is horrible, I have to practice ICM more ! I checked some hands that were -EV, and most of them are hands where I face a Pre-flop raise and I shove it or fold it. I guess I have to work on that before I play again.

This is where my BR stands ;
      Fulltilt : 70$

I hope I'll make it to 100$+ next month . . .

Quote of the post :
      "Sometimes reality seems to be a pure imagination and the imagination may seem rational and real"
    • DucksEatFish
      DucksEatFish
      Bronze
      Hi!

Good read :) Gl with crushing the 1$, if you crush the 1$ you'll move up through 2 and 5 very fast, I'm sure! Good job 8-tabling, I'm not comfortable with playing more than 4 tables at once when playing sngs, atleast not on my laptop. Prefer to see all the tables...

I'll be following!
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tskille
      Hi!

Good read :) Gl with crushing the 1$, if you crush the 1$ you'll move up through 2 and 5 very fast, I'm sure! Good job 8-tabling, I'm not comfortable with playing more than 4 tables at once when playing sngs, atleast not on my laptop. Prefer to see all the tables...

I'll be following!

Hello tskille, always nice to see a post that is not mine :f_biggrin: . Yes, I agree with you because it seems like the rake in 1$ is a killer, and I'll be crushing 1s it'll mean that I improved a lot and I don't think there's much difference between 1s and 2s, all I have to do now is to work more on ICM.

About multitabling, my advice as of many others is to play as much tables as you comfortable with and as soon as you feel getting bored, add another one, this is how I did, but . . . I played 4 tables, added 1 more, and then 1 more, 6 tables tiled isn't comfortable for me that much it's too much windows to follow so I dropped to 4-5, but playing tiled/stacked is much more comfortable than playing 6-8 tables tiled, really ! and it has a huge advantage; a) You will be less results oriented. b) of course you'll be putting much more volume which means more $$

Good luck @ the tables ;)
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      a quick funny hand :)

NL Holdem $200(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($5,970)
      Hero ($2,610)
      CO ($4,285)
      BTN ($635)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:heart:

CO raises to $400, BTN raises to $635 (AI), fold, Hero calls $435, CO calls $235

FLOP ($2,005) 3:club: 2:diamond: Q:club:

Hero bets $1,975 (AI), CO calls $1,975

TURN ($5,955) 3:club: 2:diamond: Q:club: 5:heart:

RIVER ($5,955) 3:club: 2:diamond: Q:club: 5:heart: 4:club:

BTN shows T:spade: T:club:
      (Pre 2%, Flop 4.0%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero shows Q:spade: Q:heart:
      (Pre 95%, Flop 96.0%, Turn 100.0%)

CO shows T:diamond: T:heart:
      (Pre 2%, Flop 0.0%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero wins $5,955
    • frenchise
      frenchise
      Bronze
      Hey SneakyHand,

Nice blog man!

I like it because I am trying to crush the 1$ 9man SNG as well and reading blogs as yours keeps me motivated.
      Anyways, I have a question on how you manage the table number.
      I mean I am 6 tabling (tiled) confortably, but when I am 8 or 10 tabling, I can play my cards with no problem, but I can´t manage to have reads on my opponents anymore, even with HEM running.

Do you use HEM or similar and are you using the stats a lot while 8-tabling, or playing the cards is enough on this limit to crush it?

Well, good luck with the grinding.
      Peace