High Stakes Poker Season 6 - Episode 2

• 17 replies
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      yoo I think the second part is from the 1st episode.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      why is tiger woods in it???
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Thanks, richard, I replaced that link ;)
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Nice to see Ivey making some plays against Dwan; I think a lot of the other players are getting into a bad mindframe against Dwan, it's almost as if they are expecting to lose in a HU pot against him.

Ivey and Dwan at the same table, awesome. I hope Negreanu gets a little luck, I haven't exactly been watching the episodes in order but I seem to recall he is running quite bad which may even be affecting his play.

Sometimes the commentators go a little off track, but it's all good fun ^^

w34z3l
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Anyone know what incentives these guys get to play on TV? obviously paying them is pointless.

I am guessing the idea of a rakefree game is attractive. And TVexposure for there sponsored sites. I am sure there are some oil billionaires that need roasting and playing these games must be EV- unless your Ivey. Anyone actually know?
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      IMO they don't play with real money :) . It's just a TV show but still fun watching... It's just for Golden Nuggets and for the future of poker. Why should I play top pros when there are lots of not so good players [x] bad table selection...
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      commentary sucks so much.. bring AJ back.

next week will be awesome. jason is great
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      ye, the jokes are not the same without benza, I hate the fact the show has been turned into PAD. they fixed the problem of having fish at the table and now they have an awesome line-up,but now they f** up the commentary part, guess they're just clueless as to what the audience wants :D
    • bertstoelen
      bertstoelen
      Bronze
      it is real money they are playing with, and at the third season or so, Negreanu said they got paid 1250$ per hour lol
      yeah it's not the same without AJ benza.
      i'm looking forward to the next episode though :P
      i'm hoping they are gonna have a talk about isildur1 :D love to watch what durrrr has to say about him :D
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bertstoelen
      it is real money they are playing with, and at the third season or so, Negreanu said they got paid 1250$ per hour lol
      yeah it's not the same without AJ benza.
      i'm looking forward to the next episode though :P
      i'm hoping they are gonna have a talk about isildur1 :D love to watch what durrrr has to say about him :D
      $1250 an hour? that has got to be so pointless in the whole scheme of things. obv ivey negreneau and the other sponsored pro's do it for exposure for there sites. When tom wasn't sponsored I wonder what his incentive was. Is it as simple as fame and exposure?
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Gabe Kaplan: Dario Minieri reraises "Here's-a what-a I think-a of-a you're-a Ace Jack-a". Excellent Italian accent.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by richard1817
      Anyone know what incentives these guys get to play on TV? obviously paying them is pointless.
      There are fish at the table. I'm sure there are plenty of other incentives for them to appear on TV, but I don't think Durrr and Ivey go in thinking it's a -EV table.
    • shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      Ivey is in the zone! :D
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by richard1817

I am guessing the idea of a rakefree game is attractive. And TVexposure for there sponsored sites. I am sure there are some oil billionaires that need roasting and playing these games must be EV- unless your Ivey. Anyone actually know?
      Originally posted by roswellx
      IMO they don't play with real money :) . It's just a TV show but still fun watching... It's just for Golden Nuggets and for the future of poker. Why should I play top pros when there are lots of not so good players [x] bad table selection...

yeah i guess there are lots of nl80k tables full of fish :rolleyes: they also play at least 250bb deep, and there are also antes, which makes the small edge ivey or durrr have a little less small :P
      it's probably more fun than playing online too :D
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by ihufa
      why is tiger woods in it???
      elin told him that playing a little poker was better than paying off more whores
    • Cealin
      Cealin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roswellx
      Of course they DO play with real money. What else do these guys want? They're not actors, they play poker.
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

If you would like to talk about High Stakes Poker, you can participate in the discussion here:

High Stakes Poker Season 6 - Discussion thread

Best regards
      vhallee