Vegas 16th June - approx 30th June 2010

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey members,

I'm just looking for some interested people from the community who would be interested in VEGAS BABY!!!!

AlCaTrAzzALZ (Martin) and I have the intention to head over to Vegas with indented dates of 16th June - 5th July 2010.

We should be able to set up some sweet deals for you guys as we have ties with The Golden Nugget.

If you guys want any further info, just reply here I guess and we will get this party started. :D

Have to apologise if I don't know your name. Sorry

Kyle (justkyle88): YES, 16th June - around 30th June.
      Golden Nugget

Martin (AlCaTrAzzALZ): YES, 16th June - around 30th June.
      Golden Nugget

Bart (EagleStar88): Maybe.

CardBender: Interested, june 10th/19th - unknown

TheLastNail: Interested, Unknown - Unknown

Yoghi: YES, June 23rd - After his ships Main Event
      Wynn/Encore and the Rio

rhinoneil: Maybe, mid-end June

Any Updates, feel free to let me know and if anyone wants to organise rooms etc.

Regards,

Kyle.
  • 84 replies
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      I am AlCaTrAzzALZ, and I approve of this message :D
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Wow that sounds great, kyle! I wish I could join you :D
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vhallee
      Wow that sounds great, kyle! I wish I could join you :D
      Make the wish come true. I'll make sure to bring a heavy metal cd when I greet you.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      i could go but not drink or gamble but i can go in strip clubs. just wait till next year and i can do all three :D DD
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Sounds awesome fella! I'm planning a trip for January 2013. The delay is due to attempting to con some non grinding but poker/nude women/excessive alcohol consuming sympathetic mates into saving up and joining me!

It sounds like a decent whack of time there too. Does this cover WSOP dates?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Think they've designed it to fit in with a wsop side event.

Confirming provisional interest, subject to grinding out the monies, passport etc.

Bart
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Hey guy,

Have an awesome time,

Wish I could make it, but don't have the $$$,

Slightly off topic, but what is the quality of poker like in Vegas? I saw it starts at NL100, what is the equivalent in quality in online play? In my mind Vegas is full of people trying poker for the first time but I have no idea

peche
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      i cant describe how up for it i would be if i was one year older >.<
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      @ Toby, Looks like I'm doing a double.
      @ waiboy, pretty much what bart said is correct. We are going to try and go to the FTP party.
      @ Bart, I want to see a Step 9 ticker in 2 weeks. hehe
      @ peche, Unlucky, but yes, the standard of play is horrible compared to online.
      @ ihufa, me and martin were hoping you would magically turn 21. Do you mind if we put secret headsets in our ears and ask you what to do when we are versing ivey in bobbys room HU?
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      as long as they're very secret
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      ihufa, you don't count as you can always grind out enough money for a veges trip in about 4days which is unfair on the rest of us ;)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by peche025
      Slightly off topic, but what is the quality of poker like in Vegas? I saw it starts at NL100, what is the equivalent in quality in online play? In my mind Vegas is full of people trying poker for the first time but I have no idea
      During the summer weekends it's pretty bad. Most of the players will understand the basics, but they don't pay attention well. Nut peddling becomes a profitable strategy because so many people will fail to recognize you aren't playing any pots and will pay you off.

One thing that might be strange for people who have never played live is the difference in pacing. It might take you 3-4 hours to get in 100 hands and you can't multitable. So big mistakes are more costly it terms of your hourly.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Ok, so this Vegas trip is a definite. :f_biggrin:

Some details:

AIRFARE: atm, we're looking at $1050 AUD return, this is from Australia so you guys would have to work out your own country of course.

Here's some links for you:
      webjet.com.au
      OR
      the cheapest are delta.com and united.com

Arrive in Vegas 16th June - leaves 30th, but we want to spend a few days in San Francisco.

ACCOM: Room rates should be USD $40/night at the Golden Nugget.

so 15 nights = 600USD, halved obviously if your sharing a room with someone.
      OR
      we could look into some apartments with several people. But I'd need definite numbers for obvious reasons.

Breakfast buffets are like $10 US
      and are all day lol :s_biggrin:

Any more questions, give Martin or myself a yell.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I was thnking of going in the wsop event 24 on june 12th and arrive june 10th there.

There is also event 36 june 19th so i could come later hmmm. Flights are only 250-350$. :)

I'll let you know if im down there during that time.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      hi,
      i'm kindly seeking a sponser for this trip. :f_biggrin:
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      hi,
      i'm kindly seeking a sponser for this trip. :f_biggrin:
      +1
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Just get a part time job for the next 2.5 months and that should pay for the trip thats what im doing.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cardbender
      I was thnking of going in the wsop event 24 on june 12th and arrive june 10th there.

There is also event 36 june 19th so i could come later hmmm. Flights are only 250-350$. :)

I'll let you know if im down there during that time.
      More than welcome to meet up or stay with us somehow.
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      1 room @ Golden Nugget for just 40$??? are u kidding? wow. i wanted to go to Vegas today with other crew, but no updates on that sofar, so can i join u?

btw: u plan on crushing some dancefloors too, right? :P :heart:

can sb post link for events at WSOP? i might want to play some, i ll travel from Vienna most prolly and most likely gonna stay a bit longer than 2 weeks, prolly a month. anyone interested sharing a room with me?