Skip to forum
Lets hope this is w...
 
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Lets hope this is worth reading... From NL2 to NL50

179 Posts
34 Users
0 Reactions
25.9 K Views

hey brood, nice results mate, your bankroll has grown alot since i last read this, i think you had around 600-700 last time i looked and was still on NL10. Anyway keep up the good work and i will continue to read from now.

I have stopped playing sng's, the bug for bss kept biting me and i couldn't avoid it anymore so i moved me bankroll off stars onto pokerheaven (so i'm tracked) currently getting back to basics with NL4, so your blog will really help me freshen up and i look forward to seeing more, keep up the good work mate


TheBrood Topic starter
TheBrood
Joined: 17.07.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by gaz639
hey brood, nice results mate, your bankroll has grown alot since i last read this, i think you had around 600-700 last time i looked and was still on NL10. Anyway keep up the good work and i will continue to read from now.

I have stopped playing sng's, the bug for bss kept biting me and i couldn't avoid it anymore so i moved me bankroll off stars onto pokerheaven (so i'm tracked) currently getting back to basics with NL4, so your blog will really help me freshen up and i look forward to seeing more, keep up the good work mate

Thnx, personally I dont like SnG that much because suckouts hurt even more when they are right before the money. =S
You can play perfect poker, double up, then lose all to a suckout...


yeah, i have a habit of pushing full house into chip leader when im 2nd on bubble, for him to show higher full house lol.

BSS is welcoming me nicely so far, think ive played around 600 hands and had quads twice and a few full houses, so lady luck is with me today.

Would you advise to move upto NL10 with 20 stacks or do you think i could maybe move up sooner with me playing it so long before?


TheBrood Topic starter
TheBrood
Joined: 17.07.2008
PokerStrategist

I wouldnt go up a limit based on quads and FH's; thats just a heater.

I would wait for at least $300, imo the bigger the BR, the least it affects you to lose a BI. i.e: You have $200 and lose $10, that is 5% of your BR. Compare to having $300 and losing $10: its only 3% and doesnt hurt that much.

I decided to go up to NL20 when judges started posting "nice hand, well played" about 90% of my NL10 hand evaluations. Having 50 BI's didnt hurt either. I wouldnt go up a limit if I'm not sure of my game and judges say Im making mistakes...

How many hands do you have played per limit of NL? 600 hands is nothing, you cant decide to go up based on that.


when i played BSS before i did 15k hands on NL10, and i went up last time with 20 stacks, then gained around another $120 on nl10 before i had to withdraw, i didn't want to move up now because of a heater, i was thinking of moving up on around 15-18 stacks for BSS instead of the 20 it says in articles as i know i can do it.


Verre
Joined: 24.02.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Hey Brood,

Just wondering what your name is on Mansion. i see your name is TheBrood on Titan but I'm not sure if they allow you to keep the same names over Ipoker skins or not.

Needa keep an eye out for each other since at the moment I am grinding NL20 on four tables.


TheBrood Topic starter
TheBrood
Joined: 17.07.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by Verre
Hey Brood,

Just wondering what your name is on Mansion. i see your name is TheBrood on Titan but I'm not sure if they allow you to keep the same names over Ipoker skins or not.

Needa keep an eye out for each other since at the moment I am grinding NL20 on four tables.

If I posted my Mansion username I feel Id be at a big disadvantage to ppl reading this blog and my hand evaluations. Ive seen 1 person from PS.com at the tables and used this knowledge to my advantage. What do you guys think about this matter?

@gaz639: The smaller the BR, the worse you feel when losing, which in turn generates tilt and scared money; but if this doesnt affect you, sure go ahead with 15-18 BI's. I would make sure Im killing the previous limit before going up though.


Verre
Joined: 24.02.2009
Oldschool Grinder

How will you do sweet sessions if no one knows your name?


TheBrood Topic starter
TheBrood
Joined: 17.07.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by Verre
How will you do sweet sessions if no one knows your name?

I have my hands full posting about 20 hands each day, posting in 3 forums, and actually playing poker, but it would be good to have a session with someone outside ipoker.

I think I saw you yesterday Verre on ipoker.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel increasingly confident in my game at NL20 and its exciting I might get to NL50 in the future!


Verre
Joined: 24.02.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Haha yeah I think you did, as you commented on me losing almost a whole stack on one hand.

I'm wondering what hand that was? I was up 47 bucks in my early session but down 19 in my later session. I think you saw my later session :P


andyb43
Joined: 23.07.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by TheBrood
Since Im finally positive at NL20 BSS FR I can start posting here again :f_biggrin:

I started printing the strat articles and reading them in the bathroom and its really paying off; the video from my last post and others like it from the same author helped tremendously too.

I sometimes try and guess what opp are holding when I see a betting pattern and its fun to find out one was right(even though I lose the hand - but Im not sure of making a big bluff on the river yet).

Nice heater in recent days after reading a couple of articles on flop and turn play(silver):
Last 7 days | 4 Tables | 2760 hands | $134.36 | 24BB/100

To all readers scared of climbing the limits like i was, I tell you that I would never win this amount on my previous limit, so dont worry about it and as soon as you get the BR for the next limit give it a shot! Its so worth it.

BR=$1,201.42 (Titan=$649.89, Mansion=$551.53) (TP=576, MCP=13,612)
Goal=$2,000+ and read all silver strats+videos for NL50

GG man.............NL20 has crushed me, so I'm crawling back to NL10 for a bit

Cheers Andy


TheBrood Topic starter
TheBrood
Joined: 17.07.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by andyb43

Originally posted by TheBrood
Since Im finally positive at NL20 BSS FR I can start posting here again :f_biggrin:

I started printing the strat articles and reading them in the bathroom and its really paying off; the video from my last post and others like it from the same author helped tremendously too.

I sometimes try and guess what opp are holding when I see a betting pattern and its fun to find out one was right(even though I lose the hand - but Im not sure of making a big bluff on the river yet).

Nice heater in recent days after reading a couple of articles on flop and turn play(silver):
Last 7 days | 4 Tables | 2760 hands | $134.36 | 24BB/100

To all readers scared of climbing the limits like i was, I tell you that I would never win this amount on my previous limit, so dont worry about it and as soon as you get the BR for the next limit give it a shot! Its so worth it.

BR=$1,201.42 (Titan=$649.89, Mansion=$551.53) (TP=576, MCP=13,612)
Goal=$2,000+ and read all silver strats+videos for NL50

GG man.............NL20 has crushed me, so I'm crawling back to NL10 for a bit

Cheers Andy

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure you will be back at NL20 soon enough though.

@Verre: Im interested in trying that Teamviewer thingy with a fellow NL20 FR player. How about I comment on your play?

Update: I don't feel like playing much so I'm doing other online stuff even though I have a shot at getting Gold status here on PS.com


Verre
Joined: 24.02.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Sure I'm up for anything that can help us both out. Yesterday I had a session of 1500 hands making $37.00 for a 12.33BB/100. It was probubly the most solid poker I've ever played online over 1500 hands.

I have to give you some credit for this as you commenting on some of my hands in the forums made me study harder so thank you.

Previous to this I took a 4 day break from NL all together and messed around with some PLO and super turbos on FT with a small old BR I had there. Helped me remember how much I liked FR NL. This might be a good idea to regain some motivation.

Note: Obviously not the biggest winning day of my life though, Just felt in control the whole time.


TheBrood Topic starter
TheBrood
Joined: 17.07.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by Verre
Sure I'm up for anything that can help us both out. Yesterday I had a session of 1500 hands making $37.00 for a 12.33BB/100. It was probubly the most solid poker I've ever played online over 1500 hands.

I have to give you some credit for this as you commenting on some of my hands in the forums made me study harder so thank you.

Previous to this I took a 4 day break from NL all together and messed around with some PLO and super turbos on FT with a small old BR I had there. Helped me remember how much I liked FR NL. This might be a good idea to regain some motivation.

Note: Obviously not the biggest winning day of my life though, Just felt in control the whole time.

Thnx for the credit lol

So how do I contact you?


Verre
Joined: 24.02.2009
Oldschool Grinder

I believe I invited you to be friends through the friend thing here. My Skype is Verre but I'm rarily ever on there.

Obviously you've seen me at Mansion as Verre86 but I'll send you a private message with my email address. Dont want all the ladies on here spamming me with requests if ya know what i mean :f_biggrin:


TheBrood Topic starter
TheBrood
Joined: 17.07.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by Verre
I believe I invited you to be friends through the friend thing here. My Skype is Verre but I'm rarily ever on there.

Obviously you've seen me at Mansion as Verre86 but I'll send you a private message with my email address. Dont want all the ladies on here spamming me with requests if ya know what i mean :f_biggrin:

Of course I do, I have the same exact problem *cough*

Update: Was having trouble with boredom leading to playing mediocre hands and motivation going south due to lost money.

So I started playing 5 tables instead of 4 and voila! No more boredom or mediocre hands.


TheBrood Topic starter
TheBrood
Joined: 17.07.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by Verre
I believe I invited you to be friends through the friend thing here. My Skype is Verre but I'm rarily ever on there.

Obviously you've seen me at Mansion as Verre86 but I'll send you a private message with my email address. Dont want all the ladies on here spamming me with requests if ya know what i mean :f_biggrin:

Of course I do, I have the same exact problem *cough*

Couldnt find a "Verre" on skype, tons of near matches though


Jaissica
Joined: 10.02.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by TheBrood

If I posted my Mansion username I feel Id be at a big disadvantage to ppl reading this blog and my hand evaluations. Ive seen 1 person from PS.com at the tables and used this knowledge to my advantage. What do you guys think about this matter?

Nice read Brood. I loved the $250 freeroll pickup, that was sweet :)

I can tell you my name on ipoker is identical to my name on these forums and it discomforts me so that I have considered attempting to change it either here or there. I dont like that someone can get a read of what I do in many, many situations just by reading what I say on the hand evaluation forum.

I am sure that anyone who notices would have a very large advantage over me. I would be unsuprised if we have crossed paths before and I turned out to be the person you talk about in the quote :)

Its a pity because I think the only way I can easily fix this is moving from Titan to another interface, perhaps Mansion. I like Titan :(


Verre
Joined: 24.02.2009
Oldschool Grinder

I personally feel like having someone know your screen name is an advantage to you.

The reason I feel this is because players who are aware of your skills and your weaknesses (that are usually admitted weaknesses that are being worked on*****) gives you much more respect at the table.

For instance if I knew I was playing Brood when he was at the table I would be showing more respect than I probubly was since I'm a jerk and bully ♠_biggrin: The fact that I know of your weaknesses only makes me more careful because of the knowledge that you have recognized your weakness and are working on correcting the issue. A known weakness is only exploitable if the weakness is not realized by the player himself.

Hows your play lately Brood? I've been on a mean downswing. Its been so bad I have been appologized too twice in the last 2 days. The worst hand I had KsKh and the board came AsKd8d. On the flop it was three handed with a pot of 6. I bet 4 got one fold and got one call. Turn comes 3h and I bet 10 into a 14 pot. Get a reraise all in. I call for $40! Villian flips over AdTd and of course 9d comes on the river to give him a massive pot of over $90. That was the start of a weekend full of suckouts. Also over 4k hands I had AA 4 times. Twice UTG1. Raise to .60 and it folds around to me on both. The other two on the button. Everyone folded to me.

I hope your weekend went better than mine :f_love:


TheBrood Topic starter
TheBrood
Joined: 17.07.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by Jaissica

Originally posted by TheBrood

If I posted my Mansion username I feel Id be at a big disadvantage to ppl reading this blog and my hand evaluations. Ive seen 1 person from PS.com at the tables and used this knowledge to my advantage. What do you guys think about this matter?

Nice read Brood. I loved the $250 freeroll pickup, that was sweet :)

I can tell you my name on ipoker is identical to my name on these forums and it discomforts me so that I have considered attempting to change it either here or there. I dont like that someone can get a read of what I do in many, many situations just by reading what I say on the hand evaluation forum.

I am sure that anyone who notices would have a very large advantage over me. I would be unsuprised if we have crossed paths before and I turned out to be the person you talk about in the quote :)

Its a pity because I think the only way I can easily fix this is moving from Titan to another interface, perhaps Mansion. I like Titan :(

We only played one hand where I 2-barreled and you folded xD

I rarely see PS players at tables.

Mansion = Titan = Ipoker


Share: