Skip to forum
Thru Hardship To Th...
 
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Thru Hardship To The Stars

99 Posts
14 Users
0 Reactions
16.1 K Views
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Yes, no problem. Can you tell my kids I'm a really cool guy please! :f_cool:


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

IT will be peace of cake, just tell me how can I reach them, and leave rest to me :).

Just to let ya know, my mic is installed and everything is ready for our sweat session.
I hope everything will be ok with your internet connection and looking forward to it.
Otherwise I can record my session,put it on net, and we can analyse it over skype.

Cheers

note to myself : update blog tomorrow


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

I think its about time to update this piece of my poker career tracking, so here it is.
Having ISP issues last week almost everyday, so I didint post much and tried to play as much as I could.
Played about 10k hands, had some downswings, some tilt plays and also some good play.
I ve read every article in gold section and really like the way where SSS develops.
To play bit looser and lose ranges in late positions to the part, where limping is +EV.
I ve been playing around with Equilator and trying to improve mathematical concept behind this SSS game and with some help of online articles, videos in golden SSS section and chating with Tampoleres got the feeling that I am getting somewhere with this.
Still a long way to go tho.

Really like the way my game is developing this days.
I feel really confident on NL25 and thx to THe Poker Mindset( which I still didint finish reading btw) I tilt much harder and I am not afraid of downswings anymore.

Am very excited about sweating sessions we are doing with rorrlsh and jbaptzer.
Patzer is often busy with hes own stuff, but me and rorllsh are doin them very often, many benefits from team work tho.
Cant wait for Tampoleres to join us with hes knowledge, I think we will benefit gratley and have some fun.

Ok thats it for today, am gona play tonight and update my blog, promise.

Cheers


rorrlsh
Joined: 31.10.2009
Poker Player

Hi bro
I managed to get up today at 6:45 and do a session a morning as I told you
It was a bit weird at the start since I didn't react quick enough to some cards, timed out twice AQ in LP ♦ but after coffee all went well :)
KINDA
I played about 500 hands, and not once did I go AI, preflop or post flop but i managed to break even :f_confused:
folded once AQo to unknowns UTG limp shove, just for him to show me KQo... :f_confused: I still think it was a good move, since I had no stats. He is green from now on
BTW I cleared 3rd fragment of my bonus (510) VPP and I applied for those extra $90...
$100 looks sweet for NL25 SSS in a day ♠_cool:
so I def recommend you to go back to play early session. Tables are really smooth and easy. I think morning sessions are gonna become my routine
good luck playing today...


Hi guys! welcome to DO YOU WANT TO BE A POKER MILLONAIRE?????

In a shorthanded table with dead money of fishes... with ATo defending the BigBlind... which movement is the correct
a)Fold, although it`s a good hand if both fishes go to your all in you wont win the pot 33% of the times
b)Fold, AT its always folded against a raise of a villain
c)Fold, the cold caller is slowplaying AA!!!
d) SQueeze... =)


Regards!!
postdata: In our session I won 200 $ with EV of 40 xD


rorrlsh
Joined: 31.10.2009
Poker Player

Luckbox...
we should do more sweat sessions so that we get a grip on SS SH and learn something and you get a nice 8 BI heater :) variance is sometimes NOT A BITCH :f_biggrin:
btw to give answer on that question,
one of the many things i learned from yesterday:
oscar:
"hmmmm, I'll fold if there is a raise, (someone raised), I should fold, (your time to act)... hmmm Im gonna shove" ♠_biggrin: and you double up ♦


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

@ rorllsh

hey buddy, I hope your morning session went alright this morning.
I am not so much a morning person and its kinda hard for me to get up early in the morning.
Especially on the days when I go to bed at 2am which is kinda often.
I got points on pokersavvy , so you might want to check that out on your account if everything is alright.

You mentioned some bad news yesterday at our session with oskrgy, so I hope everything is alright and you are on your way to big money.

@ oskrgy

I as FR SSSer would probably fold, but seeing your game yesterday I am pretty confident that the real answer is D :).
Thx for sweating session yesterday it was sick.
Really liked your game, your theorethical explanations and your score.
Your english is really not as bad as you think, so compliments to that one also.
Am kinda jelous on your earnings tho, if I am not wrong it was 700$ altogeather SSS and BSS.
IT takes me a year to earn that much on nl25 lol.
Thx for the session again and hopefully we will do sometihng similar soon.
I am eger to try SH SSS soon in the future and cant fine anyone better than you for sweating.
You know you can always join us at our FR SSS at lower limits :).

Cheers


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

After a few very succesfull days on Nl25 and my BR reached over 40BI for Nl50, I decided to try how it goes on Nl50.
Played 900 hands and in the beginin everything seems great.
Went to +3BI and than struggle for remaining time so I am now at the end of seassion at -80$.
I though guys at nl50 are better players but as it turned out, they are same as those at nl25, just they somehow know how to hit more.
What bothers me is that my game wasnot that bad, I was -19$ and I can remember where I made those mistakes, mostly out of desparation aka TILT!
Run couple of times on monster with AK, JJ QQ, lost with AA against AK.
It knows when and where to hit me to hurt me most.
here is a graph :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So here am I beaten, pretty discouraged and angry all in one.
Lost 1/4 of my entire BR and can say that this all nl50 advanture was prety iresponsible and naive.
Not due my play, but due my bankroll.
I should of stop when I was -20, but I chased to get even, and thats my biggest mistake.
Not to control myself and not respect my stop loss limit....Geee.

Ok it is what it is, tomorrow is a new day and it looks like I have lots and lots of grinding to do to recover.

I learned something from this and thats the only positive thing out of this mambo jambo.

I am happy I survived to fight another day.

Cheers


Hi,

Too bad your tryout had a bad result money wise. But keep in mind it's only 10 BI ;)

My last 6k hands are b/e with 20xBI difference in lowest and highest point! :P

Grind it up at NL25 and try again later.

gl.

T.


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

@ Tampaloeres

Yes man, its pretty sick even its only 8 BI tho.
I wont go there before I reach 60 BI I promise.
Dont want to allow myself another experiance like this.
Sorry I didint repspond today on Skype, I wasnt at home then, left PC tunred on tho.
Hopefull will catch you soon, so we can agree on sweat session

Ok some new updates.
I wanted to go to sleep.
As said was angry and pretty pissed off.
Spoke with my man Oskrgy over msn and he said hes gonna play.
So I said fuck it, if I am not ready for NL50, I know I can beat NL25 and decided that I want to play another 1k hands at least.

Turned on, and began playing.
EVerything wentr graeat than suddenly my tables on pokerstars began to dissapear from screen.
Never happened to me before.
Than lost 2 BI with KK against amazing callers who cought straight with 56 and flush with 55.Great.

Here is a graph :

Looks beeter, especailly that EV line.
So day ends up with -60$ from play.
I also menaged to clear 10$ of bonus and 10$ for stellar rewards ,so all in oall am -40 today.

I got myself in a pretty deep shit :)
So thats it for today.

Good night and good luck all


Hi,

Well you could mix in some NL50 tables. Dunno how many tables you play. But if you play 8 you can play 6xNL25 and 2xNL50 for instance.
Really the difference isnt that big. Just stay calm and play your best ♦

I waited too until I had 50xBI for NL50 after being slaughtered twice :f_cry: Then after 5k hands at NL50 I moved up to NL100 because I spotted some nice juicy fish and never returned to NL50...

So may be you should pay more attention to table selection?

T.


rorrlsh
Joined: 31.10.2009
Poker Player

Damn... I just read you message...
It must have been awkward I watched JB play and it didn't look that much different from NL25... maybe the cards just fell the wrong way... as long as you played your best, you shouldn't worry and grind you roll back on NL25...

Don't worry we'll be owning NL50 soon enough. ♠_biggrin:

Anyway I would suggest that when we try to move up a limit we set up a sweat session, with Tampa and JB, if they are up for it...

BTW You were right yesterday. I DO need to reread poker mindset, downswing and tilt... I'm getting angry again about suck outs again (last night and this morning especially)... :f_mad:

PS:
I played this morning for 1h... it was ok, +2 BI, +4 BI EV. I started to play on my MAC but I couldn't set up my HUD so no stats. Maybe thats even better. I think I use my head more when I play like that. I can see in few hands whom you can steal from, be more careful on AQ and TT


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Here am I again.

Guys ths for support and your replys.

@Tampa

Am currently playing up to 20 table in nl25, but mostly 16.
Will try to do some mixess, but if I go on nl50 it will be only couple of tables first(4max).
As long as my table selection is concerned am keeping it really simple:
find tables where people have lots of money and as less shortstackers as possible.

So I clik Avg Stack in filter and look that VPIP isnt below 15.
thats pretty much it.
THere are zillion of tables on stars,so gladly there is something to choose from.

Can you tell me your way of selecting tables and whats your opinion about mine?

I have question for you Tampa since I know you are very active at hand evalutaion forum.

Many times I find myself in a situation where I have monster hand (AK, KK,AA,QQ) and there is a agressor with raise of 3BB infront( lest say from UTG and I am on MP).
Since 3beting of 3x 3BB would make me commit anyways I prefer to push allin straight away.
And in 99% situation they fold.
I think my move cannot be wrong,since I maximise the value and fold equtiy.
But sicne we want to sqeeeze most of their money here, should I play this differently?
Maybe bet 2x their bet and shove on flop ???

@rorllsh

You know what I think about stats bro.
Coudlnt imagine doing my insane steals without them anymore :).
Hopefully we will set a date for a session with guys regardless of moving to nl50 or not, and I find your idea great btw :).
I hope you will take some rest at home and when come back you will crash the tables at this nl25.
Feels like being on nl25 forever!
Hopefully by the end of this month our BRs will be ready to crush 50 .


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

And qick review of todays poker play:

Played 2.2k of hands and end a day with profit of 38$ .
Succeed at my mission to recover yesterdays losses.
Cleared +10$ of bonus on stars, so all in all am even 10$ in profit.

First session of play way pretty strange, where I had couple of badbeats,lost coinflips or in situations where I had 16 outs but menaged to stay focused and play my A game.
I am kinda tired so I kept my second session only 300 hands and menaged to earn +25$.

Here is graph :

Have to catch that EV line :).

What I noticed that its almost impossible for me to earn more than 35$ or 7BI in one session on nl25.
I often get to 20 or even 30 in first few hundred hands, and than lose some, win some , wander around 30 and usually end a session there.
Has someone else noticed sometihng similar?
I try not to play any different than usual when I reach amount of 4, or 5 BI , usually am even more eager to play than, but cannot earn more money.

What I noticed that I dont study at all this days and that cannot be good.
I started to read the book called Theory of Poker, which is awesome but I think it would be better to work on my SSS skills by reading, and wathing some videos, and read book later.

All in all it was a a good day and I could finally go to bed before 2 am.

Good night all .


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Time for another set of updates.
Been waiting for some time so I can make for me big announcement, that I finaly get to 60BI for NL50 :)
For me this is a huuuuge milestone and am really proud on myslef and thankful to guys that helped me.
So whats was I up to those days?

Have really shity weather here, heavy raining non stop, some flooding and I have problems with my ear, so I was mostly inside, studyin, playing poker and watching foodbal.

Re read those articles once again :

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sss/1404/1/
http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sss/802/1/
http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sss/1416/1/

I focused special attention to adujst to Adjust re- raising ranges and already can see slight improvement in my preflop game ( I can now fold JJ and AK preflop :).
When I totally internelised this knowledge could be of great significance.
Also played with calculator and EV formulas, so I can understand sometihng more beyond those charts .

And the golden discovery of the weekends is Xarrys Isolation raise videos.
Here they are :

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/8876/
http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/8995/
http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/9111/

Damn those are really great and I have to watch them again as soon as possible.

As my friend Oskrgy said studying really is +EV since you can apply your knowledge immediately and see improvements in no time.
He highly encourage me to try SH SSS , which is really tempting, especially after seeing him play there, but as I stated, I invested much energy in FR SSS, finally see this getting somewhere besides being lucky, so I think SH will have to wait.

Another thing which made great impact on my game was a sweating session with Tampaloeres81.
I played and he sweated me for about 2h.
He showed me how isolation raises work out in practice, point to some things I can do to improve my game and was overall really great guy to sweat with .
Am sorry I have not much to offer in return, since hes knowledge about SSS and poker in general is far beyond mine.
But at least I hope it was good fun for him also.

Since am moving to NL50 ( damn that sounds nice ), am gonna post a graph of my play on NL25.
Unfotunaltey I have only last 20k+ hands to show.

Check it out :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here is stats panel from HEM:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

love those 6.5bb/100 :)

Goals for the reamining days of September are to reach Golden status on PokerStatrs, buy their 50$ instant cash bonus( i need 800FPPs for that) and finalise Poker mindset the book :).

and yeah to try to setup some sweatings with jbpantzer, rorllsh and hopefully Tamapoleres81.

NEXT STOP : 1200$ and NL100


rorrlsh
Joined: 31.10.2009
Poker Player

Congratulations bro...
So proud of you reaching a new limit.
Today I'm working but what do you say about a sweat tomorrow? we play for few hours?
Cheers


Hey,

Great news! It was fun sweating you ♦. Just get your @ss to NL100+ ASAP :f_p:

Is that last huge peak our session?

Greetz,

T.


Ow and you will learn how to fold QQ pre too :P


jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Well done! Have to do another session soon. I'm super turboing for two more days, then back to SSS.


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

@ rorllsh

Thx bro.
I have a lot of work tomorrow but we can set up something before noon.
Will try to catch you later on skype if not I will txt you on the phone(in case I forget pls remind me :).

@Tamaloeres

Yes that peak out of valley(downswing) is our session :).
Looks nice :)
THx again and yes I will have to learn how to fold QQ, that one will be hard to achive.
And yeah I forgot to mention, one of most usefull tips I got from you is to never watch the progress in HEM durring the session.
Helps maintain A game and a state big tim.

THx again I hope you will catch time to do it again sometimes.

A nl100 you say huh,.... I bet I will be there in no time :)

@jbpatzer

NO problem, just hit me on skype when you find time in your busy schedule and we will make sometihng out .

Best Regards


Share: